First ever FDA Clearance given to Artificial Intelligence Imaging System That Reduces Dose
Omega Medical Imaging, manufacturers of Artificial Intelligence Fluoroscopy/Cine (AIF/C) Imaging systems, announced the Food and Drug Administration 510 (k) clearance of FluoroShield™ with their 2020 Cardiac Flat Panel Detector.This is the first in the world to receive such clearance. Read more
FDA Guidance Set to Control Bacterial Contamination in Platelets
Within 18 months, recommendations from The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) must be adhered to in order toreduce bacterial contamination of platelets stored at room temperature. The FDA will now require additional safety measures beyond a primary bacterial culture. Learn more
Promising Results in the Study of Objective Marker for Chronic Pain
Brain scans focusing on spatial variations in cerebral blood flow correlated with the presence –though not severity –of chronic knee pain, researchers said. Dr. Auer and colleagues set out to determine whether blood flow in what they called “the classic pain connectome” would also define a chronic pain signature. The answer, at least from this small study, was yes. Read more
I always tell our team to never forget the challenges that our customers are facing in trying to accomplish their mission – and our job is to help them. And at the end of the day, the reward at seeing how we can impact their ability to do their job quicker, easier and more effectively makes the challenge well worth it.
– Randy Campbell, Chief Technology Officer, Interlace Health,
- Elora Thorpe, RN, MSN, a Client Delivery Lead at Accumen and PBM Pioneer shares her journey to bring bloodless medicine to health systems +More
Profoundly Impacting Healthcare
- Dr. Matthew Warner, anesthesiologist and critical care specialist who leads patient blood management and anemia management at the Mayo Clinic discusses protecting patient outcomes through patient blood management +More
- Join Accumen, The Society for the Advancement of Patient Blood Management, and AABB are co-hosting a webinar titled, Let's Not Go Back to Normal, The Essential Role of Patient Blood Management.
- Accumen, Modern Healthcare and telehealth experts, Dr. Eric Wallace, MD, UAB Medical Director and Dr. Darrel Weaver, Vice President BlueCross BlueShield of Alabama hosting a timely webinar on April 22nd.