In the Spotlight
WE ARE GRATEFUL TO THE LABORATORY AND MEDICAL SUPPLY INDUSTRY PROVIDING THE TESTING RESOURCES, THEY TOO ARE A CRITICAL PART OF THE STORY. EACH HAS ACCELERATED THE PRODUCTION OF CRITICAL SUPPLIES, YET IT ISN’T ENOUGH TO MEET THE GLOBAL DEMAND. WE ARE ALL LEARNING ABOUT THE COMPLEXITY OF SUPPLY CHAIN SYSTEMS, INCLUDING THE AVAILABILITY OF RAW MATERIALS.
– Aaron Harding, MS, CLS, MT(ASCP)SBB, Director, Copley Reference Laboratory, SHARP Healthcare,
- Lab Corp and Quest Diagnostics have expressed that the demand for testing is increasing and outweighing the lab testing capacity. With this, we are experiencing delays in test results, in turn the Contract Tracing will not be effective. +More
- New Study finds COVID-19 diagnostic testing costs could reach $25 billion a year, antibody testing $19 billion a year. +More
- Kimberly Zunker, Laboratory Consultant with vast experience reflects on COVID-19 milestones over the first 6 months of the Pandemic. +More
Profoundly Impacting Healthcare
Eric Jurinic, Accumen’s Vice President of Corporate Supply Chain discussing the importance of being innovative and agile during the crisis to help develop relationships with domestic manufacturers. +More
PPE SUPPLIES AND SOLUTIONS
The following U.S. based manufacturers have partnered with Accumen to provide personal protection equipment to hospitals, health systems and front line workers across the country. And now offering COVID-19 saliva testing kits!
Click on the image above to quickly connect to inventory, pricing and ordering options.
Quest indicates they are performing 130,000 diagnostic tests per day and 200,000 antibody tests per day – their turnaround time are >2 day for priority 1 patients (hospital patients, pre-operative patients in acute care settings and symptomatic healthcare workers, and >7 days (up to two weeks) for all other patients.
- Mara Aspinall, CEO of HealthCatalyst and Diagnostic Evangelist is featured in series with Healthcare Performance Insider titled “COVID-19 Myth Busting.” Subscribe and Listen here on your favorite podcatcher
- Kimberly Zunker, Laboratory Consulting Expert, is keeping everyone up to date on the latest COVID related topics. Subscribe and Listen here on your favorite podcatcher